‘BE, AND IT IS’
“When there was nothing the Almighty Allah just said “BE” and everything came into being. Rivers started to flow, mountains were raised, forests were created and
“Sheets of vast deserts were spread over earth”.
(AL-QUR’AN, SURAH # 2 AL-BAQARA, VERSE # 116-118)
We Muslims have a strong belief in the fact that there is a strong bond between ‘Islam and Science’. Within Islam there is science but when we take science out of the circle of Islam, there remains no existence of it. This means that Science is not a standalone! Allah created this universe for men who could worship Him. And, so with the creation of this world science came into being.
The title of this article is clear enough to give you a very lame idea that today we shall talk about the relationship between Islam and the huge world of electronics. Here we’ll try to prove something in the light of facts that would even enhance the charm of the link between Islam and electronics.
today electronics has got so widespread that you’ll find it everywhere. For instance, just think of your daily routine. You get up in the morning by your digital alarm clock. After getting fresh you go to the refrigerator and take the left overs out, then quickly heat it in the oven. During breakfast you turn on your LCD to get the news updates. By the time you are done with breakfast, hurriedly you pick your phone, and if in case you are very technology driven, you take your iPod too. When you reach university, there you find all the classes on multimedia and in case if any teacher is absent you rush to labs to have a check on your fb profile. Now do you have any idea up till now how many gadgets and electronic machines and appliances you have used? No, right? Go back and count them over. You’ll find that you have been using quite a number of electronics all day long!
Picture seems familiar or not?
Our life is becoming more and more luxurious and convenient as the new innovative electronic items are flooding the market. But hold on a second! When we talk about this particular field of technology we think of lavishness, innovations, and developments but not of its ‘ORIGIN’. Have you ever thought of the origin of electronics? Where has it come from? May be some of you would have but most of you haven’t!
Let me tell you. The origin of electronics is “SAND”! It might be a little strange to hear and hard to believe that something that is of no worth is the mother of whole new world of machines. Yes! It’s hard to believe but at the same time true. Sand is a very beautiful element on earth which on one hand has great hidden beauty in itself while on the other these little grains, that apparently seems of no worth, has completely revolutionized you lives . If you doubt the beauty of sand, checkout this link:
Now let us talk about how sand has so much significance? What basically happens is form Sand, which is the second most abundant material on earth we extract ‘SILICA’ and from silica we get ‘SILICON’. This little element is of so importance that if we think of a world without silicon, it would a world without electronics! Sounds horrible! Right?
(This link will help you understand that how do we extract silicon from sand: click here
Basically silicon has a very unique property of semiconductance. It is called a semi conductor due to the fact that it conduct electricity under certain specific conditions while under other, it doesn’t. This characteristic of silicon gives it a switching effect. The effect of on’s and off’s, the same on’s and off’s upon which the Digital World is based. The world of computers that is known to everybody today. Apart from switching silicon is a main element that is used in the formation of amplifiers, oscillators and led’s too. These three components are greatly used in almost all the digital electronic circuitries of all those electronic equipments that you have been using all day long. So if I say that today the age we are living in is called the “Space Age” because of the existence of tiny grains of sand that seems worthless, I won’t be wrong.
After all this discussion what else can I say in the defense of my article to prove the strong bond between Islam and Electronics, except:
Allah has been so foresighted that before sending us to this world he already took all those measures that today are helpful for us in revolutionizing our lives. Making our lives better and this world, a more comfortable place to live in.
And the plus point is that even after reaching the peak of everything we can still move on, still do a lot of things because the very basic thing that we need is present in plenty.
Seen from space 71% of earth is covered with water and in the remaining 29%, deserts make up 33% or one third of the earth’s land surface. So,what else do we need? Hmmm?
Copyright © 2014 - All Rights Reserved
Muettech.com Designed and Developed by MUETTECH GROUP